X-hours modding jam

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
CocoT

X-hours modding jam

Post by CocoT »

This post really should be over at the Quake Events section, but I figured that visitors there are pretty scarce (plus the link below will only work for so long).

So, yeah, I was surfing on the Humble Bundle site (http://www.humblebundle.com/) and its current "jam" session and thought it'd be cool if something like that was set up for the next QExpo (if there ever is another one, which I of course hope). The idea of the "jam" session of Humble Bundle is simple (I'll pass over the charity stuff, you can read about it on the site): bring a couple of indie developers together, have them individually build something during a few days, have them (often) be live (with videos of their screens) so that everyone can follow what they're doing. I find it quite fascinating and fun.
Anyway, wouldn't be cool to have something like that during QExpo? And maybe make it a point that the resulting game be GPL, so that people who have not a copy of Quake around can also enjoy it? I'm not sure about how hard it is to set up, but hey, I just wanted to throw the idea before I forgot it... :P
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
r00k

Re: X-hours modding jam

Post by r00k »

Lol i saw that on twitch this morning too!