Oblige 4.28 Released

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
andrewj

Oblige 4.28 Released

Post by andrewj »

OBLIGE is a random level generator for some classic FPS games, including Quake and Quake II.

I have just released version 4.28 -- the most notable feature of this release is support for Quake II, and much better support for Quake (e.g. proper lighting, adequate vis, no more collision issues).

Despite working on OBLIGE for a long time now, the results are still far away from what a good level generator can do -- but I plan to continue developing this and eventually get it making some nice stuff.

LINK: http://oblige.sourceforge.net
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Re: Oblige 4.28 Released

Post by scar3crow »

This looks very nice (in all games). I don't know what all you are doing for the Quake side, but perhaps implement some prefabs and general room shapes based off of the id1 maps? From there you could include light entities with the prefab. Just some ideas from an ignorant position.

Very cool though, I've always been a fan of such technology.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
Orion

Post by Orion »

Psychedelic theme is taken really serious here.
Still, I had fun with this.

Psychedelic gave me gear floors, Quake ceilings and button windows:

Key windows...

Door walls :?

Arch walls, and base wall floor over there...

Trigger floors :o

Trigger walls and LAVA skies/ceilings or whatever it is... :?

Cross ceilings...

Lol, door ceilings

Well that's it. :)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

For a good attempt of sorting/categorising Quake's textures check out the texture browser in QuArK. That would allow you to only select appropiate textures for certain faces.
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews