Game engines

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
ajay

Re: Game engines

Post by ajay »

I suppose, but the exact structure, path names, punctuation etc was used when using TxQBSP2, LightBSP2 etc and it worked??
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

In your hmap2 lines try changing Quake Maps to quakem~1
i should not be here
goldenboy

Post by goldenboy »

So it fails in the BSP stage; it doesn't even write a BSP file. That is terribly strange.

It looks to do "Fill Outside" and "Solid BSP" without problems, which makes this even more strange. It really should.

"New portal was clipped away" is not a critical error.

I'm stumped, perhaps Vic or LH would have to answer this (unless MH and Leilei are right). It is probably something really stupid like that.

If you wish, you can PM me the map file and I'll try compiling it, too.
mh

Post by mh »

Hmmm - on second glance, it wrote the .prt file OK but fails on the rest. That would indicate that it also wrote the .bsp file OK, and I see that it's the vis and light components that specifically seem to be failing to open the .bsp file.

I'd suggest that there may be some wacky command-line parsing going on somewhere, or maybe something odd happening in the WriteBSP (or equivalent) function in hmap2; maybe it's just writing the .bsp by name only to the current directory instead of to the full path specified? A quick "dir *.bsp" after running the batch file could confirm that.

First step might be to try running your batch file from "d:\Games\idSoftware\Quake Maps\earthquake" and see if that works.
We had the power, we had the space, we had a sense of time and place
We knew the words, we knew the score, we knew what we were fighting for