No Bugs Allowed Released.

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
ceriux

No Bugs Allowed Released.

Post by ceriux »

hey, so yesterday No Bugs Allowed was released, both for PC and PSP. Its an early release, so its kind of buggy. But you can go and check it out here: http://www.indiedb.com/games/no-bugs-allowed

screens:

hogsy

Re: No Bugs Allowed Released.

Post by hogsy »

Only problem that really killed it for me was that I often ended up falling through the floor.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

hogsy wrote:Only problem that really killed it for me was that I often ended up falling through the floor.

yeah, its at a spot next to a specific rock and crates outside. he said that he plans to fix all of the current found bugs and the mapping problem. when Shpuld released he said he wasn't happy with it. but he was going to release with plans to work on it till he get to a verison that represents what he wants his game to be.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

i should not be here
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

right but he hadn't posted here about the actual release. i asked him if he'd like me to let everyone here know, he said yeah. so i did.

unless your refering to the part where hes talking about a quick and gritty release. which obviously points out it will have bugs.
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

To be honest if he knew such a problem existed before releasing it then he shouldn't have even released it in the first place until it was fixed :roll:
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

hogsy wrote:To be honest if he knew such a problem existed before releasing it then he shouldn't have even released it in the first place until it was fixed :roll:

the map problem? i dont think he knew that was there till after release. from what i gathered he was more worried about his player model not being setup properly yet lol.
ratbert

Post by ratbert »

ceriux wrote:
hogsy wrote:Only problem that really killed it for me was that I often ended up falling through the floor.

yeah, its at a spot next to a specific rock and crates outside. he said that he plans to fix all of the current found bugs and the mapping problem. when Shpuld released he said he wasn't happy with it. but he was going to release with plans to work on it till he get to a verison that represents what he wants his game to be.

Maybe "falling threw the floor" part is undocumented feature?

:shock:
Shpuld

Post by Shpuld »

Yeah, for some reason, I hadn't encountered the fall-through-map bug. This is a VERY EARLY release as ceriux mentioned in the OP, so it's really buggy. Most of the bugs resulted from last minute changes before the release. Note to self: don't set yourself dead-lines and promise to release if you're not 110% sure you can do it, a few more days would've helped me get a more polished end product.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

but the games still the first orginal release on psp, not a clone. even kurok was some what of a clone.. so to me being someone who actually likes the psp quake scene this game is awesome. myself and others have even been modifying it already, with model replacements and player skins so far. theres a mapping guide to it along with released premade textures. i have only made custom players skins. my indiedb profile
CocoT

Post by CocoT »

Looking fun! I have some issues with GL-engines for the moment, so I can't really check it out, but the screens (and the latest video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4DgE40w-IE) look nice! :)
Neurotic Conversions - New location: Update your bookmarks!
r00k

Post by r00k »

sv_precachesound error when the spider hurts me. Simple fix, just precache the sound in worldspawn.
Shpuld

Post by Shpuld »

r00k wrote:sv_precachesound error when the spider hurts me. Simple fix, just precache the sound in worldspawn.
It's probably some hard-coded stuff, since it doesn't give me a filename to the sound that needs to be precached, and I currently don't even play any sounds when they attack.
hogsy

Post by hogsy »

I must say after spending a good amout of time playing this again the only complaint I can make about this right now gameplay-wise is that it gets rather repetitive. Perhaps if you could build defences which could be destroyed by the bugs and other similar stuff then it might spice things up a little?
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Problems:

1) The filenames are mixed case, some are uppercase, some have uppercase extensions. Make them all lowercase to avoid problems on Linux.
2) There is no readme in NBAPC.rar
3) Many working files (.bmp) that are unnecessary in a release.
4) For standalone games, please never ever use id1. This is a problem with engines like Darkplaces that use the user's home directory to store files like configs, savegames and screenshots. Quake id1 could be filled with your game's id1 related stuff. What is that pak file needed for anyways?

Was the engine changed or can I play with any Quake engine?
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews