last version of C::B Advanced

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
revelator

Re: last version of C::B Advanced

Post by revelator »

Been sick "again argh" but i managed to get myself to do a rather hefty cleanup on my package.

Conemu many fixes, and additions.
Now supports spawning far manager inside the conemu window for easy file handling.
Dosbox can also be started directly and the version included supports old glide games has a menu for easy automounting, and a lot of options.
Shells have been adjusted so that the ones having both a cmd and a bash shell overlay are now in a submenu of the Shell.

Added the cross msys2 compilers to /opt/cross-tools. (needed in case you want to hack on the Msys2 runtime itself and also to build some packages that are windows compatible but need some posix functionality).
MinGW64 / MinGW32 added libjack libsamplerate and libportaudio libraries.
Added matroska livemedia and xvid libraries.

Removed lablgtk2 from ocaml (only the 32 bit version ever worked anyway).
Clang has ocaml bindings also now.

added windows versions of the corn shell to MinGW64 / MinGW32 in case you need scripting capabilities for a MinGW cmd session (does not work to well since you really need most of the coreutils from gnuwin32 for atleast minimal support).

Fixed a few things in the /etc/profile script, also made it a bit easier to read.

New package will be up soon.
Productivity is a state of mind.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Package is up, but if you prefer you can wait on the next version which will have even more cleanups :).

It is now possible to use MSVC with bash :) Shell32_Cross.exe and Shell64_Cross.exe automatically sets the vars to include the MSVC compilers.
You can even use the intel compiler but you need to first execute the intel command for your arch and then cd into the Msys32 or Msys64 dir and then executing shell32.exe or shell64.exe, this way you get MSVC with the intel compiler usable with Msys2.

Open Watcom Support will also be added since it includes a compiler that is actually compatible with bash namely owcc.exe.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Allmost there.

New additions.

Emacs MinGW64 versions.
MinGW64 built conemu with loads of fixes.
Now installs the free versions of the Take Command Shell processor, conemu can make use of the advanced scripting capabilities for use with the compiler.
GXML.
cxfreeze python standalone executable packer.
exemaker convert single python scripts into executables.
graphicsmagic. Arguably one of the most advanced image conversion and filtering tools, sadly its all commandline but if dont have any problems wrapping your head around the shell commands, this is a must have :).
cdio cdio-paranoia cdda libraries added.
mpeg123 library added.
libnut added.

The X11 libraries where moved out of the MinGW64 compiler dirs and placed in opt since they collide with tcl/tk's x11 headers.
The X11 library can be used with some modification to sources to make fully working Xwindow apps on windows without having to actually run the server, since this versions just hooks up the api calls to windows gdi32.dll for drawing directly.

installer fixed to now correctly identify win64 versions and only try to install/register/etc the x64 versions in case you have a 64 bit windows.
One exception to the above is QT where the installer needs to run both patchers in case of a 64 bit system and only the 32 bit patcher in case not.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Package is up :)
revelator

Post by revelator »

Allready a few newer revisions up but still working on a few things so next version should be interresting.

One of the nasty things with some of the mingw packages are that they need to have there paths mangled from unix to windows absolute paths to work correctly.
As you can guess this makes the compiler unrelocatable, so after a lot of work i created post install scripts to run the nessesary sed commands on the parts that need it like cmake.
The downside is that the place you install this in is where you need to keep it, but then again msvc is not really relocatable either :).

New additions:

mcpp: a C/C++ preprocessor you can use as a replacement for gcc's cpp. It has strict support for C98 and older so dont use with sources that rely on newer runtimes.
nspr: mozilla's socket library.
docbook: sgml from cygwin.

fixed a bug in mingw64's binutils.

Bullet: physics library.
stxxl: standard library for huge data loads.
xerces: xml library and tools.
mpatrol: memory debugging tools.
putty: free telnet/shh client. (outlawed in some countries because of encrytion, freedom of speech seems to have a hard time in some places heh).
perl: a version of perl built for MinGW64. (Also needs to have its paths mangled so expect first start to take a bit while sed runs on the scripts).
revelator

Post by revelator »

ack :( uploaded new version but discovered a bug in one of the pkg-config scripts so a fixed version will be uploaded soon (look at the poppler-data.pc script and change it to look like the below).

Code: Select all

prefix=/mingw32 or /mingw64
exec_prefix=${prefix}
poppler_datadir=${exec_prefix}/share/poppler

Name: poppler-data
Description: Encoding files for use with poppler
Version: 0.4.7

Cflags: -DPOPPLER_DATADIR=${exec_prefix}/share/poppler
pkg-config seems to choke on /mingw32 or /mingw64 when these are not local to prefix, i suspect it has to do with the internal path mangling eg.
/mingw32 becomes C:\msys64\mingw32 when read from ${prefix} or ${exec_prefix} but not if used like this /mingw32/share/poppler so pkg-config crashes.

Also changed the compiler identification for the MinGW compiler from gcc to mingw to avoid to much confusion when selecting the compiler you wish to use.
wx 30 build still not working so a 64 bit build of codeblocks seems a bit off atm (compiler crashes with status 1 but no error wtf).
revelator

Post by revelator »

Updated codeblocks to latest svn version and applied my patches.

WxWidgets 3.0 now works but is rather unstable (loads of asserts) so still defaulting to the old version for release build.

Im creating the new installers now.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Its up :)

New codeblocks ide looks a lot better and if you can handle xml you can even make your own specialized compiler modifications.
codeblocks can now also pick up needed libraries from pkg-config :) making it way easier to use autotool build libraries.

Ill release the patch needed to modify codeblocks svn, since it works flawlessly now.
It can be found on my site under sources.
qbism

Post by qbism »

Cool! wxWidgets is challenging to setup for a newbie. Can't just unzip and point to it, have to move header files around based on the compiler. Right now I think I've done it wrong. Recently I've compiled TrenchBroom in Visual Studio, which worked, but I was unable to compile Odamex Launcher in CodeBlocks/MIngw because I've screwed up the wxWidgets directory structure. This is with 3.0.0 version.
revelator

Post by revelator »

just need to set the variable WXDIR :) and point it to the root of the wxwidgets source folder, the config files should take care of the rest.

WXDIR=C:\WxWidgets or wherever you have it ;)

new ide also has some new additions like clang support (tested and works), besides that also some new compiler features.

Im toying with the thought of using the built in wxwidgets editor as a base for porting the doom3 tools to wxwidgets.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Uploaded the wxwidgets-3.0.2 builds of codeblocks to here https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadva ... les/Tools/

both 32 and 64 bit versions.

This is work in progress mind you and they do crash a lot so use with care.
revelator

Post by revelator »

discovered a snag because i removed a few tools but forgot to update the installer scripts so it would still try to make shortcuts for them !faceslap :s.

updated cppcheck and cscope for codeblocks with latest version.
cppcheck can now use config files and rules (located in cfg and rules folders).
cscope uses the static ncurses build and tre regex.

added mingw64 git with the tcl gui.
fixed a bug with iron python readline.
modified the makepkg scripts to fit my version of mingw64/qt4, had some problems using alex source packages because of this.

uploading soon.
revelator

Post by revelator »

uploaded take 2 of codeblocks wxwidgets-3.0.2.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadva ... les/Tools/

bit less crashy, still not production ready though.

included new cppcheck and cscope parsers.

feel free to try them out :)
revelator

Post by revelator »

urgh more cleanups after updating stuff things started behaving really weird in some places.

python broke.
makepkg broke.
gpg keysigning broke arrgh.

had to do a massive cleanup still testing it for more issues.

biggest problem atm is that some tools require windows absolute paths so i have to run a ton of sed scripts to replace the posix paths at install time (perl cmake etc).

Tbh im starting to wonder if i should just upload my patches for codeblocks to alex msys2 site and let him deal with it, or just provide the codeblocks ide as a standalone addition to the msys2/mingw64 suite.
Baker

Post by Baker »

Is it possible to create Linux C projects that are 100% IDE using CodeBlocks and 0% make files these days?
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..