last version of C::B Advanced

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
revelator

Re: last version of C::B Advanced

Post by revelator »

i forgot to include the math libraries sigh uploading corrected packages :oops:
Productivity is a state of mind.
qbism

Post by qbism »

I know how you feel. :wink:
revelator

Post by revelator »

sometimes hard to remember when theres a shitload of dependencies :) but the two corrected packages should be up now.
Let me know how they work for you.
revelator

Post by revelator »

some news.
DrMingw now also works for 64 bit executables :) .

This means my package now has a builtin Just in Time Debugger for every architecture it can handle.
You still need gdb for the heavy stuff though but DrMingw can give you a solid pointer to what function is in error.
revelator

Post by revelator »

just put the final nail in gcc-4.7.0 for my suite.
gcc now supports c++11 (warning very strict). unfortunatly also means that c++ code made for older versions of gcc will likely not work :S. you can get around most compiler hickups with -fpermissive but
is discouraged as wrong code will crash your project anyway.
lto seems to have some problems so avoid it for the moment.
gcc now supports precompiled headers internally.
C::B autodetection fixed it now fully supports the mingw64 compiler (both availiable from menu on first start committed to trunk on the C::B site).

as gcc 4.7.0 will liklely break many users working projects im going to make new packages so you get one with the gcc-4.6.3 compiler and one with the 4.7.0.
these will be minimal versions to keep size down.
qbism

Post by qbism »

Looking forward to trying new package. I wonder if AVX2 support (Intel i3 and up) will make a difference in software render speed.
revelator

Post by revelator »

Not sure tbh. Still hammering on the bugs with this compiler, building gcc on windows was newer easy but this ones just silly :lol:
It seems its also incompatible with libraries created with earlier versions like gcc-4.6.3 so i have to rebuild the whole shebang to avoid errors ouch.
revelator

Post by revelator »

decided to wait with gcc-4.7.0 to many bugs atm.
instead i uploaded the latests codeblocks from svn 7950. autodetection now works correctly for the mingw64 compiler :) also added missing switches for core i3-7 optimization.
msys additions uploaded midnight commander (norton commander clone) works like a charm. might not be overly usefull on windows but has a few neat features like builtin editor ftp and a virtual file system.
works best from mintty.
full package not uploaded yet, but includes git + gui for both 32 and 64 bit archs.
msys runtime now build with gcc-4.4.0 and had several fixes (increased stacksize to match cygwins latest) now uses avaliable ram instead of limiting it.
msys python recompiled with gcc-4.4.0.
ruby added to msys.
experimental python 2.7 for mingw added (might have bugs) still todo 64 bit port.
postgres SQL added to mingw32 and 64.
gda SQL frontend added (includes gui for controlling various SQL databases).
QT4 native for both archs.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvanced/files/
revelator

Post by revelator »

Ok here it is.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadvan ... z/download

This bastard might make some smile :) Latest gcc-4.7.1 from svn Latest codeblocks svn 7954 and a somewhat polished Msys shell with tons and tons of goodies.

Read the readme at the site for some insight on what it includes.
revelator

Post by revelator »

On its way up a backflash to some years ago when this ide was the shizzle for mingw.
A bugfixed version of quincy2005 with a modern gcc (4.6.1) and a complete toolset for developing with the fastlight toolkit (gui programming).
Also includes several example projects (some dont work with modern gcc unfortunatly).
The quincy ide is rather simple to use but cannot convert from other IDE's so setting up a project is by hand.
Besides the disadvantage it does have a resource editor and was probably the first IDE to use astyle for prettyfying your sources.
As simple as it is it works like a charm and some might find it usefull enough.
The included mingw is not the usual mingw64 builds from me but a standard mingw compiler (allmost)
And as such it had no full directx sdk like the mingw64 compiler has, so i added the full directx9 sdk from dev-cpp.
Give it a try when its up :) (sourceforges admin site is down atm´so cannot upload it yet).
revelator

Post by revelator »

Final edition of my C::B package. Any additions from now on will be updates only.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/cbadva ... r%20Final/

Im happy with how its put together now so the basic structure will not be changed in the future, only updates or additions will be posted.

gcc-4.7.0 scrapped (c++ is broken).
gcc-4.6.3 used instead.

The version on the link is the full one so its big, a smaller version will be uploaded later.
Lots of new stuff to toy with :) try writing mc in the msys terminal.
qbism

Post by qbism »

downloading... downloading... :D I didn't have a problem with the previous 4.7 release, although doing all C (no C++).
revelator

Post by revelator »

Cool ;) but try some C++ just for the heck of it since im getting mixed reports on it (might be something on my end that breaks it).
revelator

Post by revelator »

Weirder and weirder i tried one final time to get 4.7.0 to bootstrap by disabling g++ from doing the second stage and instead let gcc do it like it did in older versions and guess what... it works w...t...f.
Then for the heck of it i enabled the posix thread version and bootstrapped gcc and now libstdc++ works rofl but pretty uncool since all executables build with gcc-4.7.0 now depends on the libwinpthread-0.dll
so im going to try a static build (will still link in pthreads but atleast no dll dependency).
Something tells me to take gcc releases with a grain (about a ton) of salt :lol: Not production ready at ALL.
revelator

Post by revelator »

update win32 threads now working in 4.7.0 unfortunate sideeffect is that libstdc++ is abi incompatible with previous versions :/ dosbox compiled with this will start but cannot run dos executables anymore (oh sh...).