DiD 2

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.

Shall I release the current version of Defeat in Detail 2 as a techdemo?

Aye
85%
Nay
15%

Total votes: 13

MauveBib

DiD 2

Post by MauveBib »

I've not worked on DiD2 for ages, so it's moving very slowly. Shall I release what I have up to this point? If I do, then hopefully any enthusiasm people have for it may kick me into gear, but I was kinda hoping to get it more finished before making it public There aren't even many vehicles in it yet, or the abilty to buy buildings, but most of the troops are done for both sides and the skirmish AI works well. The interface is also complete.

So, whad'ya think? Yay or Nay, your call
Urre

Post by Urre »

That's actually a tough one... I can't vote at all on this one.
I was once a Quake modder
Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

Poll overload *buzzz, crackle* can not compute.....

"Lord Vader"
"Yes, Master..."
"RIIiiiiiiissssse"
Supa

Re: DiD 2

Post by Supa »

So long as you're still going to work on it, go ahead. You'd probably want to mark it "REALLY NON COMPLETE ALPHA DAMMIT" so the slower people out there don't get confused, though.. :P
aut viam inveniam aut faciam
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I think it would be a good idea to release a tech demo. That's what I did with Conquest, for two reasons:
1. I had hit a low point and progress was sluggish, and I had some questions on where to go next.
2. I was bursting with energy wondering whether people would like it or if all had been for naught.

Luckily people's responses were positive. Hopefully I can continue to make them happy. Mods like yours scare me though. I ph33r being out-done. ;)

I'd say release it for now, even if only to a small group on IRC. We all need a kick in the rear every once in a while, and we all love encouragement from friends and followers!

(and besides, I wanna see it!)
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

I remember once telling Coffee that I never made a mod I wouldn't finish in a week. sigh. I've been making this one for 18 months and it doesnt really show.

That said, I've actually done a little on it toady. If I do release it I still have quite a few bugs to iron out first, some serious, some less so. The waypoint system is currently forked and needs rewriting - it currently works for one level. b'oh.