Fimg - FINAL ish

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

All right, Rich reported a bug today that I promptly fixed regarding an odd flipping issue. The updated build is here:

http://www.inside3d.com/frikbot/fimg/fimg_v019.zip

cheers.
Last edited by FrikaC on Sun May 06, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Preach

Post by Preach »

I think that should be http://www.inside3d.com/frikbot/fimg/fimg_v019.zip. Thanks for the fix!
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Oops, heheh and I wonder how bugs like this creep into my code :)

Probably should stop writing updates at 3AM
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Is this the fix for the flipping bug i mentioned today? 8) hmmm... ..Guess I'll download it and see...

Megazoid

Post by Megazoid »

Grrr...

I should maybe post a link to the fimg directory on Inside3d on my tools page. I don't suppose you have an issue with that FrikaC?
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

No, that's perfectly cool.
Kell

Post by Kell »

I dunno if this is the same "flipping" bug mentioned by xaGe above, but this is what Fimg does to my Quoth gfx.wad after pasting in a slightly modified SBAR graphic:

http://kell.leveldesign.org/screenshots ... r-kell.jpg ( image=1280x960 )

It appears to have flipped every entry in the gfx.wad. This is...vexing.

fimg_v0192.zip, dated Jul 28 2007 02:08:56

Halp?

:(
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

I HATE DEVIL
Try v0.19 if it flips on you. Report back your findings.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

The flip bug I mentioned was my last dealings with pasting images with Alpha channels into the frames of a spr32 I was working on. They would paste fine, all looked good... I saved the somename.spr32, closed Fimg, and ran it in darkplaces only to find it upside down. I loaded the spr32 back into Fimg to find it upside down. My best guess would be Fimg is flipping it on save... As silly as it is to me I did find a work around, by flipping everything upside down before saving it in Fimg... :?

You could try it...just flip the sbar the way it does in Fimg(as in the screenshot) before you save the file with in Fimg...
Kell wrote:I dunno if this is the same "flipping" bug mentioned by xaGe above, but this is what Fimg does to my Quoth gfx.wad after pasting in a slightly modified SBAR graphic:

http://kell.leveldesign.org/screenshots ... r-kell.jpg ( image=1280x960 )

It appears to have flipped every entry in the gfx.wad. This is...vexing.

fimg_v0192.zip, dated Jul 28 2007 02:08:56

Halp?

:(
Kell

Post by Kell »

FrikaC wrote:I HATE DEVIL
Try v0.19 if it flips on you. Report back your findings.

Done. Still flipping :(

xaGe wrote:The flip bug I mentioned was my last dealings with pasting images with Alpha channels into the frames of a spr32 I was working on. They would paste fine, all looked good... I saved the somename.spr32, closed Fimg, and ran it in darkplaces only to find it upside down. I loaded the spr32 back into Fimg to find it upside down. My best guess would be Fimg is flipping it on save... As silly as it is to me I did find a work around, by flipping everything upside down before saving it in Fimg... :?

You could try it...just flip the sbar the way it does in Fimg(as in the screenshot) before you save the file with in Fimg...
Yeah, that's what happens. It flips on save.

I was using TexMex to flip everything back afterwards. I'll use the flip in fimg, now that I know there is one.
redrum

Post by redrum »

I try to open a .lmp file from C:\Quake\ID1\GFX folder and I get errors. Is this normal?
Welcome to the Overlook Hotel: The-Overlook-Hotel.game-server.cc
FrikaC
Site Admin

Post by FrikaC »

Which lmp file? Some lmps are not images.

Edit: on the flipping issue, I'm looking into it, but I'm curious, what are your source images? If they are TGA, then I know it's devil. Or are you just loading and saving spr32? If the latter doesn't work correctly, then it's my fault.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

I know one format source was TGA and believe PNG was the other...
FrikaC wrote:Which lmp file? Some lmps are not images.

Edit: on the flipping issue, I'm looking into it, but I'm curious, what are your source images? If they are TGA, then I know it's devil. Or are you just loading and saving spr32? If the latter doesn't work correctly, then it's my fault.