Happy New Years - 2011

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Baker

Happy New Years - 2011

Post by Baker »

There has been so much development in 2010 as to really put reasonable people's expectations to shame.

I didn't really expect, for instance, Q1 to have a rotating brush model solution supported in compiler tools, QuakeC and in engine tutorials.

And frankly, MH and mk with a dash of qbism and leileilol advanced engine baselines in a way that no reasonable person could have ever expected in 2009. And you can't forget the influence of the idea of QSB engines nor the sheer influence of FitzQuake protocol 666.

Plus even if you are uninterested in alternate platforms --- Downsider, Jukki, Team Xlink, Ghost Fang, SamUK and Crowbar have helped push those to new levels. And not to be forgotten: MDave's spark that has launched a thousand mods. And we haven't even mentioned gb, ijed, supa and Lardarse in the in-progress RMQ mod nor Avirox's big and continuing impact on the sophisticated side of the Q1 scene.

And I fail to mention countless significant events. Was GPL Nexuiz being dismantled really a bad thing compared to the work of art that is Xonotic?

What does 2011 hold? No one sane should claim to know the specifics. But if the actuals represent the mature expression of current ideas, it is gonna be gangbusters.
The night is young. How else can I annoy the world before sunsrise? 8) Inquisitive minds want to know ! And if they don't -- well like that ever has stopped me before ..