Additional Quake Player Animations?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
ajay

Post by ajay »

Not got much time so haven't read all the replies, however my sugestions are:
- blind firing (gears of war style)
- Generally 'chatting' 'interacting with others' stuff could be useful for cutscenes
- limping, affected by damage type thing
- different death animations depening on what's killed him; being blown up, shot etc

Agreed, it is a top notch model, classy
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

man, this things gonna have like 1,234,321,234,657,435,405 frames :P
bah
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Electro wrote:hehe thanks again guys... will post another update in a few hours! I just woke up, so will be a while before I start working on it.

SamUK: it's a 2048x2048, if you zoom in (obviously you can't on this pic hehe) you can see skin pores, fabric stitching/weaving etc.

I've made this model 10k polys and a 2048 to help futureproof things a bit. I haven't really seen anyone else make a quake player model and it's been around 12 years? So I figure mine will need to be able to last a while ;)
Ohh , we have a pro in the house ehhh :) (nice portfolio).
10k should last a while , i think ut3's were only 1-2k
Working on Solitude
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

We've actually got several pros in the house, the community here is just old enough that many of those present have moved onto jobs in the industry =)
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Yeah , but i barely see pros do freelance stuff. :mrgreen:
Working on Solitude
Lardarse

Post by Lardarse »

Maybe because pros usually never get the time or oppourtunity to work on something that they are passionate about...
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Lardarse - That statement is so sad, yet also true.

Then you have Willem, who apparently has a room that stands outside of time.

Heres an obvious addition to the suggestions for animations which I haven't seen in any response yet: swimming. Swimming in various ways, drowning, swimming pain animations, swimming firing animations, swimming while Using something, swimming death animations.... Or you could just make like Sonic and make the player jump up in the water with his legs and arms outstretched, mouth open in an O and sink off the screen with a "Bouwm!" sound.
...and all around me was the chaos of battle and the reek of running blood.... and for the first time in my life I knew true happiness.
MeTcHsteekle

Post by MeTcHsteekle »

backstroke
bah
Urre

Post by Urre »

Headspin, windmill, backspin and transitions between. Also top-rock, downrock.

Someone also code this, if you know what I'm talking about.
I was once a Quake modder
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Coughing, a couple of taunts:P
Working on Solitude
Electro

Post by Electro »

Not forgotten ;)

Now that the modeling/texturing is out of the way (I'm bored with it).. I can begin on the rig. Or rather... making the random techy gun thing that isn't actually any of the guns in-game.. sigh.

There will be no multi-part md3 version. This will come in md3 as all the animations baked in q1 style (completely rubbish, good luck blending anything), but it'll serve hopefully as a decent replacement for the existing quake guy model.

The other flavour will be the model with a proper skeleton. Allowing for blending between animations and all that fancy stuff like running and firing at the same time (*GASP*). Hopefully Spike will be happy with this. He's the one that requested this model in the first place. So if you hate it, it's his fault. :)
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/
MauveBib

Post by MauveBib »

Lookin' awesome.
Apathy Now!
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

..Funny I was just thinking you had forgotten or more likely been to busy to work on it... He looks fantastic!
Electro wrote:Not forgotten ;)
Urre

Post by Urre »

His grinning expression is totally Ace
I was once a Quake modder
Electro

Post by Electro »

Urre: he's pissed he had to appear in quake3 with slowed down gameplay and lack of shamblers.

Ok here's "the gun". What gun is it? Who knows. It's a rather generic bleh design, so I've tried to stick faithful to that.

It's on a seperate 512x512 texture by its lonesome, so that when people use vwep (with my other guns hopefully! - once they're done) It just won't need to be included at all. Maybe someone could turn it into a plasma gun or something though, that's probably what it most closely resembles for me.
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/