Additional Quake Player Animations?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
SusanMDK

Post by SusanMDK »

Now that I look at the gun, I think it looks much like the Plasmagun in Doom.. or maybe.. the Minigun (id called it Chaingun) for the butt, Plasmagun for the middle and Rocket Launcher for the muzzle.
zbang!
Feared

Post by Feared »

jim wrote:Now that I look at the gun, I think it looks much like the Plasmagun in Doom.. or maybe.. the Minigun (id called it Chaingun) for the butt, Plasmagun for the middle and Rocket Launcher for the muzzle.
Always looked like a Grenade Launcher to me. (the original quake gun)
negke

Post by negke »

It's clearly a multi-gun.
And that model looks awesome indeed.
Electro

Post by Electro »

Sajt: hah yeah I think i'll give it an AO, should sort out bits and pieces like that, and maybe I'll fix the seam across the stomach too
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/
dreadlorde

Post by dreadlorde »

frag.machine wrote:Oh boy, this looks terrific! Too bad you won't work more on it. : :cry:
He just said he was getting paid to work on it. I think Electro means he can't completely redo the model.
Ken Thompson wrote:One of my most productive days was throwing away 1000 lines of code.
Get off my lawn!
frag.machine

Post by frag.machine »

dreadlorde wrote:
frag.machine wrote:Oh boy, this looks terrific! Too bad you won't work more on it. : :cry:
He just said he was getting paid to work on it. I think Electro means he can't completely redo the model.
Yes, but the original idea was to recreate the player model having Quake animations plus some suggested sequences. Oh well, at least isn't going to waste. And Electro: nice to know you're getting some money for your work. :)
I know FrikaC made a cgi-bin version of the quakec interpreter once and wrote part of his website in QuakeC :) (LordHavoc)
mindzx

Re: Additional Quake Player Animations?

Post by mindzx »

So, is 3 years of Port Folio time.....Is that enough to just ZIP it up / toss it on the WWW for download? in As-Is condition obviously, beggers aren't choosey.
Mindzykins
gdiddy62

Re: Additional Quake Player Animations?

Post by gdiddy62 »

3 years sounds good :)

Would like to see this on the WWW

somebody could surely finish any loose ends??