What are you working on?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.
Electro

Post by Electro »

With a Delorean.
Benjamin Darling
http://www.bendarling.net/

Reflex - In development competitive arena fps combining modern tech with the speed, precision and freedom of 90's shooters.
http://www.reflexfps.net/
revelator

Post by revelator »

working on mh's last engine which supported normalmaps.

so far specular highlights working & bumpmaps ofc allthough not on models yet only surfs.

arb and nv heathaze effects.

plan to add normalmap support for models.
plan to "maybe add shadow volumes" depends on performance hit but i suspect it wont be as big as with real ppl since mh uses the players coordinates to rotate light in a normalization cubemap the idea was originally mine alltho i had no idea that using the cubemap for lights was even possible so credits to mh :)

add in occlusion culling as of his newest engine.
add the texture dependant bloom from latest code.
add "flames inc" tenebraes halo effects "yes i know a lot hate it but these where newer beaten and are nice for powerup or torch effects"

a lil work on particles most look decent the wizards spit looks a bit pale tho and the hellknights sparks look like the original :( rest is cool tho.

dynamic progs compilation "if i can wrap my head around it :P"
newer 3dhud from latest engine.
decals "probably using tenebraes but intend to do them with the resource loader mh built into the engine so theres no need for a ton of extra textures.

compiles on vc6 vc7 vc8 vc9 all dependant libraries added.

small changes png uses the dll from zlib and libpng this is to avoid conflicts and theres really no speed hit so.
GiffE

Post by GiffE »

Speaking of CSQC scoreboards (in the other thread)
Working on a Source-esk scoreboard system in csqc (on DP)

I'll release its code as soon as I finish it. Hopefully someone will find it helpful :D
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

Very nice.

And that room you're in is cool. Very nice water!

A scoreboard like that could be very nice... the old quake scoreboards are pretty dated looking by now. Plus, csqc control would let you put a lot more on it than the player's frags, and you'd have a lot more control. So you could have it separated by team in a CTF game and display the team's catures on the top. That's been needed for a while.
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
GiffE

Post by GiffE »

Yea, the problem I am running into now is actually getting that data for all the players.
GiffE

Post by GiffE »

Double post but yea :D

Uploaded 2 new videos, 1 to demonstrate the glsl effect (used the cheap uservec1 trick), so I can call it and fade it from qc.
The other is to demonstrate the scripted menu system I started work on a few weeks ago.

Videos:
http://giffe-bin.net/media.php?type=2

Scripted menu system:

The scripts syntax is based off of jitspo's "DigitalPaintball 2", Its just very simple and easy to use/implement so I went with it.

This script makes the main menu (which always displays):

Code: Select all

menu mainmenu
background none

widget
	type text
	align left center
	justify left
	command "togglemenu"
	color '1 1 1'
	hovercolor '0.9 .7 .15'
	hoversound "sound/UI/buttonrollover.wav"
	scale 8
	alpha 1
	yrel 30
	xrel 45
	ingameonly
	font 7
	text "Resume Game"

widget
	type text
	align left center
	justify left
	command "menu_cmd menu findservers"
	color '1 1 1'
	hovercolor '0.9 .7 .15'
	scale 8
	alpha 1
	yrel 45
	xrel 45
	font 7
	text "Find Servers"

widget
	type text
	align left center
	justify left
	command "menu_cmd menu createserver"
	color '1 1 1'
	hovercolor '0.9 .7 .15'
	scale 8
	alpha 1
	yrel 60
	xrel 45
	font 7
	text "Create Server"

widget
	type text
	align left center
	justify left
	command "menu_cmd menu options"
	color '1 1 1'
	hovercolor '0.9 .7 .15'
	scale 8
	alpha 1
	yrel 75
	xrel 45
	font 7
	text "Settings"

widget
	type text
	align left center
	justify left
	command "quit"
	color '1 1 1'
	hovercolor '0.9 .7 .15'
	scale 8
	alpha 1
	yrel 90
	xrel 45
	font 7
	text "Quit"
To make a tabbox all you need to do is:

Code: Select all

widget
	type tabbox
	align center center
	justify center
	color '.4 .4 .4'
	size '55 60'
	scale 8
	alpha .8
	virtualres
	nohover
	xrel 55
	text "Options"
	yrel 55
	name "options_tabboox"

widget
	type tab
	parent "options_tabboox"
	text "Multiplayer"
	scale 8
	name "options_tabmultiplayer"
then set the "parent" key to the name of the tab on each widget u want in the tab. Each widget inside the tab has it's position's relative to the tab rather than the screen's x and y.

Currently I have only 4 widget types done (text, pic,fill,tabbox/tabs) although there is 25 parameters u can set for each one.

This is all in MenuQC. Had to start from scratch since there was no simple code base like csqc.
Would be nice if DP supported TrueType Fonts (maybe using Freetype2 under GPL)
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Working on a Source-esk scoreboard system in csqc (on DP)
Huh, thats... kinda strange, though it looks good. Using DP to do something Source-esque is like using a time machine to go back in time ten years to use your other time machine from 1998 to go forward in time 2 years, to reach something in 2000 which is behind the 2008 technology you're currently using.

In other news, Jehar and I are working on a map remix. Two different takes on an existing map from another game, in Quake. It's largely an exercise in getting used to Radiant for me.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

its starting to look alot like a half-life 2 mod.
Wazat

Post by Wazat »

I think what he's doing is cool. :) Nexuiz impressed me with its total re-do of menus, and I'd like to see more of that become a mainstay of Quake engines. The more options modders have, the cooler stuff they can do (and the less they have to fight to get the effect they're going for).
When my computer inevitably explodes and kills me, my cat inherits everything I own. He may be the only one capable of continuing my work.
GiffE

Post by GiffE »

ceriux wrote:its starting to look alot like a half-life 2 mod.
I like the source engine :D
Anyone can change the menu how they want though I just made mine like it.
Wazat wrote:I think what he's doing is cool. :) Nexuiz impressed me with its total re-do of menus, and I'd like to see more of that become a mainstay of Quake engines. The more options modders have, the cooler stuff they can do (and the less they have to fight to get the effect they're going for).
I agree, if others worked on some of the more simple systematic things, it would make my life alot easier :D. But since I have to make a menu, I mine aswell do it right... make it easier and portable for me (or others) to use in the future.

It wont be nearly as powerful as nexiuz but it will be quite simple for people to make and customize them.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

no doubt its cool, i used to be a big hl1 fanatic then i found quake and i dont even really look at hl1 stuff ne more hehe let alone source, i like hl1 better than source. (obviously)
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

My Quake remix of q3dm2 is coming along, heres a few shots: http://drop.io/ygdsy46
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

really small pic anyway to make them bigger :/ its hard to see the details .
scar3crow
InsideQC Staff

Post by scar3crow »

Theres a download link if you click on the thumbnail, they're 1600x1200.
ceriux

Post by ceriux »

lol i clicked on the thumbnails they just poped up with a slightly bigger screenshot lol , are the download links on the lil pop up window?

EDIT: DUDE!!!! looks like your gfx card is about to be cooked! might wanna get all those artifacts on your screen checked out! if it does fry and u keep running it , it could be sending the wrong voltage thru ur pc and could completely kill it! no one wants that, i had something similar to me happen and those artifacts got really bad over a months time and i had to go to wal-mart -.- and buy a new gfx card....

EDIT2:

good looking map although if your using worldcraft i think you might be able to do a little better with your texture assignment.

on your wall where it bevels out the textures are slightly stretched more than the ones on the normal wall. easy just use the texture application tool and select your wall , hold alt and right click the faces of the brushes with where the textures are larger than the ones on the walls, done :D
Last edited by ceriux on Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.