Decided to toy a bit with the source i based revelation on ( MHDoom ).
removed all my old hacked in BFG stuff like SSE intrinsics and replaced them with more vanilla friendly code.
reverted some mistakes i made which even though it did not break the engine was way wrong like using a version of _alloca alligned to 1 byte
instead of just plain _alloca.
readded MH's hybrid GLSL ARB2 backend, this one was allways a little hairy since it was pretty fragile and some mods broke the interactions.
I spent several years trying to get it stable enough that it would newer break no matter what, and i think i succeded
The hybrid backend can even be used together with sikkmod since all sikkmods effects are loaded from materials.
One caveat though is that you cannot use sikkpins parallax shader since that one is an interaction shader and this engine defaults to GLSL interactions if your card supports it (all cards today do), you can however write one in GLSL and use that, this will probably also be better than using the old assembler based one.
added grebos fix for shadows causing triangles to go dark when compiling with msvc 2013 or later.
stencil shadow volumes still use ARB assembler, and i have no current plan on changing that since it will become a mess if this engine is to keep compatibility with older shaders.
If you still want the old parallax shaders, you will have to create a cvar for turning of the GLSL interactions.
code is here https://github.com/revelator/MHDoom
Productivity is a state of mind.