Auto Weapon Switching: Hit or Miss?

Discuss anything not covered by any of the other categories.

Auto Weapon Switching?

Hell, yeah!
No votes
Hell, no!
44%
Only on weapons that upgrade or replace another
56%

Total votes: 9

Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Auto Weapon Switching: Hit or Miss?

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Upon Weapon Pickup.

Also, this is assuming the mod has weapon switch frames ala Doom/Q2/etc.
leileilol

Post by leileilol »

optional for player. Many people prefer to have the weapon switch turned off
i should not be here
Quake Matt

Post by Quake Matt »

Yes, but only if the player can set his weapon order, like in UT. One of the other cool things you could do, if you messed around with the .ini files, was bind more than one weapon to a single button, which would then cycle through them when you pressed it. Pretty cool, but probably tricky to implement!
Dr. Shadowborg
InsideQC Staff

Post by Dr. Shadowborg »

Quake Matt wrote:Yes, but only if the player can set his weapon order, like in UT. One of the other cool things you could do, if you messed around with the .ini files, was bind more than one weapon to a single button, which would then cycle through them when you pressed it. Pretty cool, but probably tricky to implement!
I very much dislike multiple key presses to cycle through weapon selection. This is one of the major things I hate about half-life. I suspect that I'm not alone in this dislike as well. When I press a key, I expect to have the weapon I want up NOW, not two or three presses later.
Quake Matt

Post by Quake Matt »

Yeah, most of the time I don't like it either. I only take advantage of it in UT for making best short-range and long-range weapon keys. It helps a lot when you need to change guns quickly, like when someone jumps you with a flak cannon, but isn't all that useful in most cases.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Hell no! I hate auto weapon switching :)
Improve Quaddicted, send me a pull request: https://github.com/SpiritQuaddicted/Quaddicted-reviews